This position is a temporary Full-time position.
The Information Architecture Business Analyst will provide support for the purchase/development, testing and implementation of research and medical data information systems, interfaces, web sites and/or SharePoint sites for various users, including the JSC clinics, Space Medicine staff, and mission medical support teams. The general purpose of these systems is to support the accumulation, storage, display, analysis and exchange of human subject health and research related data between various groups. The Business Analyst will be responsible for gathering Business requirements, assisting in Integration and Acceptance Testing, supporting the development of training and implementation material, participating in the implementation, and providing post-implementation support. This position requires someone who will aggressively extract requirements from stakeholders while developing and maintaining productive working relationships both during and after project completion.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for compliance with Safety, Health and Environmental plan: must be committed to a high standard of safety and be willing and able to comply with all safety laws and all of the Company’s safety policies and rules and must be willing to report safety violations and potential safety violations to appropriate supervisory or management personnel.
- Responsible for compliance with teh Quality Assurance Plan, policies and procedures.
- Must maintain regular and acceptable attendance level as determined by the company.
- Responsible for completing all assigned training.
- Know, and adhere to, Wyle policies, procedures and work rules, and demonstrate a strong work ethic.
- Maintain confidentiality of all medical and personal information to which access has been granted.
- Prepare needs assessments.
- Proactively gather and document functional requirements from user representatives.
- Reactively extract and document functional requirements from existing applications.
- Record requirements in appropriate formats in Microsoft Team Foundation Server.
- Develop workflow, data flow, and business process diagrams. Use these diagrams to communicate effectively with customers and developers.
- Exercise analytical and problem-solving skills, in defining requirements for effective solutions to customer needs.
- Communicate and negotiate effectively with customers and technical staff, and in balancing demands with practical capabilities.
- Prepare and deliver high-quality presentations as needed.
- Work closely with customers and other IT staff to define requirements for IT systems.
- Coordinate and participate in definition and planning meetings to support the functional needs of various projects.
- Assist in appropriate testing of all purchased or developed applications and interfaces.
- Assist with the proper coordination and conduct of user acceptance testing of all developed applications.
- Participate in all areas of projects to define, design, develop, test, implement, train and support IT solutions for Information Architecture customers.
- Assist in the development and delivery of user and/or technical support staff training on developed applications.
- Support the adoption, implementation and constant continual improvement of accepted processes for software development, code migration and configuration control.
- Assist in the evaluation, selection and implementation of commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) products related to all of the above, in particular assessing and reporting their fit against requirements.
- Provide weekly status reports of work activities to Information Architecture Application Development Lead(s).
- Create documentation to support all of the above, as well as additional items as necessary.
- Develop, execute, and adhere to project plans and project schedules for all work as approved by the Information Architecture Application Development Lead(s),
- Balance academic software life cycle principles with practical constraints to meet project deadlines.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
REQUIRED: This position requires a Bachelor’s degree with 5 years work experience as a business Analyst in the information technology field.
DESIRED: Prior NASA experience is desirable. Business analyst certification is desirable. Experience with software development in a medical environment is desirable.
- Superior customer-service skills
- Excellent communications skills
- Great attention to detail
- Excellent documentation skills
- Ability to think strategically – see the ‘big picture’ and work towards larger goals
- Critical thinking and conceptual modeling skills
- MUST have experience using Microsoft Team Foundation Server.
- Experience with medical/healthcare/research concepts is desirable.