Anadarko Industries, LLC
Anadarko Industries, LLC
A Research Operations and Integration (ROI) Experiment Support Scientist (ESS) supports human life science research projects on the International Space Station or related Space Flight Analog environments by helping investigators define, develop, and implement their experiments. ESSs are assigned to several experiments and are responsible for acting as a liaison between the investigators and NASA to represent their scientific concerns. ESSs develop experiment requirements that can be implemented on the ISS or analog environment, write crew procedures, plan mission activities, assist in crew training, support mission real-time activities, and provide a variety of related services.
• Responsible for compliance with Safety, Health and Environmental plan; must be committed to a high standard of safety and be willing and able to comply with all safety laws and all of the Company’s safety policies and rules and must be willing to report safety violations and potential safety violations to appropriate supervisory or management personnel.
• Responsible for compliance with the Quality Assurance Plan, policies and procedures.
• Must maintain regular and acceptable attendance level as determined by the Company
• Responsible for completing all assigned training.
• Serve as a science liaison between principal investigators (PI) of assigned experiments and the ROI team, including keeping PIs informed of schedules and implementation issues, which require their attention and participation; and serving as advocator of PI issues to the JSC team.
• Provide science discipline expertise to assigned experiments including: (1) Definition and management of science requirements; (2) Science support to NASA Increment Scientists at science meetings; (3) Console support for assigned experiments as required during mission activities.
• Proactive schedule and technical risk management for all aspects of experiment support.
• Coordinate with the PI on human use protocols, provide updates as required, ensure that all training and data collection activities are in conformance with human use approvals.
• Prepare for and support crew training by ensuring facilities, consumables, and hardware and test subjects are available as required.
• Create and validate detailed experiment procedures, checklists, and cue cards (for both nominal and off-nominal scenarios).
• Develop and demonstrate the interpersonal skills required to maintain productive working relationships with co-workers, management, and the customer.
B.S. degree in a science field with a minimum 5 years’ experience or a Master’s degree with 0-3 years’ experience.
Advanced degree or internship experience.
Excellent oral/written communication and problem solving skills. Ability to multitask is essential.
Familiarity with NASA project development
NOTE: Due to security requirements this position requires US Citizenship or Legal Resident Status and ability to successfully complete a federal background investigation.