Anadarko Industries, LLC
I. PURPOSE/FUNCTION (JOB SUMMARY)
The primary purpose of this position is to support the Center for Safety and Fire Operations (CSFO) contract at Johnson Space Center (JSC). This position is non-supervisory, and the successful candidate will be able to confer with the other Fire Protection Specialists currently supporting CSFO regarding how best to achieve the responsibilities and goals outlined below.
II. ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Inspection, maintenance, troubleshooting, testing and repairs of fire detection and suppression systems including annual facility system proof testing.
- Perform programming on fire alarm system networks and fire alarm panels.
- Perform acceptance inspection responsibilities for new and modified fire alarm and suppression systems.
- Be capable of using hand tools, multi meter and various fire alarm test equipment including hand held radios for communications between technicians and the EDC (Emergency Dispatch Center).
- Must be proficient in operating desktop and laptop computers for system programming, daily work order tracking updates and general office reporting needs.
- Be able to pass NASA / JSC security clearances for work in restricted clearance areas.
- Be capable of working from elevated work surfaces such as ladders, operating man lifts, scaffolds, etc.
- Be capable of passing an asbestos respirator physical for working in and around asbestos with appropriate P.P.E.
- Be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Be able to climb 4ft to 12ft ladders
- Be able to work in non-air-conditioned facilities.
- Be capable of following Anadarko Industries established procedures
- and NASA JSC safety policies.
- Be capable of maintaining required JSC safety training courses provided by the JSC Safety Learning Center and Anadarko Industries, LLC.
- Be capable of working on first or second shift with the possibility of over time.
- Support rotational on-call fire protection technician duties after hours and weekends.
- Be capable of following coordinator or lead technician directions as part of Fire Protection Maintenance or System Proof Test team member.
- Hold a valid Texas driver license and be capable of operating GSA or company vehicles.
- All other duties as assigned.
III. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- State of Texas Fire Alarm License, Fire Sprinkler License or NICET certification preferred.
- Experience and certifications on Edwards System Technology (UTC), Pyrotronics and Notifier Fire Alarm Systems desirable.
- Experience and or certifications on fire suppression systems including wet pipe, dry pipe, pre-action, deluge and fixed fire extinguishing systems preferred.
Standard Company Requirements:
- Applicant must include desired salary in application submission.
- Must comply with Anadarko Industries policies and procedures.
- Must maintain regular and acceptable attendance.
- Responsible for completing all required training.
- Perform other assignments and duties, as required.