Anadarko Industries, LLC Anadarko Industries, LLC
Anadarko Industries, LLC
Anticipate, recognize, evaluate and control workplace health hazards from chemical, physical or biological stressors, at all NASA facilities at Johnson Space Center, Ellington Field and Sonny Carter Training Facility. Perform functions to provide technical expertise and to monitor and report on operations related to occupational health programs. Programs include: Asbestos Evaluation and Control, Workplace Health Inspections, Chemical Exposure Assessments, Indoor Environmental Quality, Emergency Response, Complaint Investigations, and Construction Oversight. Represent Occupational Health during participation in work area evaluations, consultation on facility modifications and new use plans reviews, and hazard recognition and controls consultation for tests, construction and other activities. Recommend protective measures to control asbestos and or chemical exposures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for compliance with Safety, Health and Environmental plan; must be committed to a high standard of safety and be willing and able to comply with all safety laws and all of the Company’s safety policies and rules and must be willing to report safety violations and potential safety violations to appropriate supervisory or management personnel
- Responsible for compliance with the Quality Assurance Plan, policies and procedures
- Must maintain regular and acceptable attendance level as determined by the Company
- Responsible for completing all assigned training
- Perform evaluations and assessments of work areas
- Conduct ventilation surveys of assigned Ventilation Systems
- Conduct Respirator Fit testing
- Collect samples and prepare chain of custody for submission to analytical laboratory
- Calibrate and operate direct reading instruments and sampling equipment
- Recommend and initiate corrective actions and prepare written reports
- Attend meetings with managers, supervisors, engineers and workers
- Provide secondary emergency response and stand-by support
- Review procedures and plans for new tests, research, programs, activities, and construction
- Perform other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIESEDUCATION/EXPERIENCE
- Baccalaureate degree, or within 6 months of receiving a baccalaureate degree, from an accredited college or university in industrial hygiene, biology, chemistry, engineering, physics or a closely related physical or biological science.
- In lieu of the degree, Industrial Hygienists must possess 4 years of industrial hygiene technical experience.
Prior experience in the anticipation, recognition, evaluation and control of occupational health hazards.
- Knowledgeable about computers and the use of Microsoft Office products: Word and Excel
- Possess a valid drivers license and be able to drive a van or automobile
- Able to wear a negative pressure respirator or a self-contained breathing apparatus (SCBA) in the performance of assigned duties
- Ability to effectively communicate with people at all organizational levels
- Ability to work with people of varied backgrounds, education, and skill sets
- Knowledgeable on industrial hygiene field collection, survey and analysis equipment
- Knowledgeable on Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) standards and regulations
- Knowledgeable on American Conference of Governmental Industrial Hygienists (ACGIH) and American Industrial Hygiene Association (AIHA) exposure guidelines
- Certifications as an Asbestos Building Inspector and as an Asbestos Contractor/Supervisor
Due to security requirements this position requires US Citizenship or Legal Resident Status and ability to successfully complete a federal background investigation.‘
In compliance with NASA requirements the successful candidate will have to provide proof of COVID vaccination status or weekly proof of a negative COVID test to access Johnson Space Center.